Saturday 2 July 2011

Endo Wars: Endo Strikes Back

I am aware that after my last post, this might seem to be reverting to the doom and gloom of previous posts.  But I need to get this down, so apologies for that.

When I went for 'that' scan the sonographer found a small endometrium.  Now in the midst of all the other news we heard that day, this seemed to have gone in but been stored somewhere out of reach.  That was until this week.

On Wednesday afternoon, I felt that familiar but unwelcome dull ache.  Not unbearable, not debilitating, but definitely there.  The feeling of being burned from the inside.

I only stopped bleeding last week (after 2 weeks), so this hit me hard.  I'm not sure I am ready for the return of the pain and the hell of endo right now.  I'm only just finding my feet after everything of the last month.

I only had my laparoscopy in February.  Surely this is not supposed to happen just yet?

History has shown me that endo tends to set up home quickly once it's there.  This fills me with fear and dread of what the next few months hold.

We have our WTF appointment with the clinic in August, and since we're seeing the consultant that did my laparoscopy in February, I'm holding out for some answers then.

Until then... I'm keeping everything crossed endo can be just held at bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment