Thursday 21 July 2011

Moving on

Today was the nursery leavers party.  Though DJ is staying at nursery while I do my uni exams at the beginning of August, today and tomorrow will be sad days for him, and me.

Many of his friends will not be staying on at nursery during the Summer holidays.  To be honest, DJ wouldn't be unless I had to concentrate on uni work.

It feels a little surreal at the moment.  Despite the fact that I know he is going to Big Boys school in 6 weeks or so; he's been to look around and had a couple of afternoons there; he's got his certificate saying he's ready for school.... but what about me?  I don't think I am ready.  I definitely didn't get a certificate to say I was ready for him to move on and grow up.

I suppose that for the next 2 weeks I will be living in ignorance.  But watch out for the tears when I have to face the reality that my little baby is growing up.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment