Thursday 21 July 2011

This explains some things!

As you all know because I have done very little other than bleating on about it for ages - I'm revising for my uni exams at the moment.

Today I was reading some great articles about personality disorders, and stumbled upon a fascinating article about the association between period pains / menstrual symptoms and aggression.

Basically, women that report that they experience moderate to strong menstrual symptoms, such as pains / cramps, mood distortions and the rest, are found to be more aggressive throughout their cycle, not just during AF.

The myths that women only suffer during AFs visit is not necessarily true.

I am normally quite placid (unless I'm in my car where rage grabs hold and doesn't leave until the key is out of the ignition), but I feel that sometimes my anger is more than I can bare.  It just seems to emerge out of nowhere.

I admit that much of my anger is directed internally.  I have always had some issues with self-esteem, confidence and self-acceptance.  But recently, I've found that S has been at the receiving end of much more than he deserves.

To be honest, I am always skeptical about these things, I suppose that's what part of researching a topic is about, but this really was based on quite sound evidence.  It wasn't without fault, but I am fascinated that there might be some truth in this somewhere.

Do you have any thoughts or experiences?

No comments:

Post a Comment