Saturday 2 July 2011

Busy week

Hi all

I am so sorry I have neglected you this week.  It has been chaos with hubby having to have surgery on his lower back on Monday, and then me acting as nurse all week.  I've also managed to rearrange the living room, DJs play room and the kitchen!

Of course revision has been a bit hit and miss.  Mostly miss, but hey, I have another 4 weeks to go :(

Yesterday was the first day in a very long time that I actually felt 'normal'.  DJ and I went to the dentist in the morning.  He was super brave and got a 'Super Patient' sticker which he proudly showed to ANYONE that took a glance in his direction.

In the afternoon, I took DJ for his second introduction afternoon to his new big boy school.  It was the first time that I had left him there and I was a teeny bit nervous for him.  But as a proper little trooper that he is, he just kissed me good-bye and off he went playing.

I am so incredibly proud of how grown up he is becoming.  He is respectful and kind.  He is never too shy to give his Mummy a big cuddle and is the most loving little boy I could ever ask for.

After school we played in our new garden!  I actually hung washing out on the line for the first time this year yesterday!  Finally, instead of a heap of mud, we have a lawn, a path and a washing line!  There's some final touches to it next week, and there is still the future veggie patch project to take on, but we have a whole area to play.  We decided to eat our tea outside in the sunshine.  Literally the hour that I was out there I managed to get sunburnt!  What the...

Like I say, there was nothing special about yesterday as such, but it was filled with smiles and cuddles and happiness.  It was an old me day.

Just hoping that this is the start of things feeling better.

Thanks for being patient with me.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment