Wednesday 1 June 2011

Confessions of a POAS addict

Hi, I'm Dawn and I'm addicted to peeing on a stick.

Since last Tuesday evening, I have taken numerous pregnancy tests.  Each one has been analysed for the strength of the line compared to previous tests, looking for changes and possible good or bad news.

But each time I take one that seems to have a stronger line, the next seems faint and the panic sets in.

I'm trying to get down to every other day, but I'm frightened.  I have waited for this time for years and now I am scared something is going to come along and snatch it from me.

I have less than 2 weeks to go to make sure that everything is growing ok.  I just wish that I would enjoy this stage.  However, I know that until the scan, I will continue to read way too much into everything, including changes in lines!

1 comment:

  1. You cannot rely on lines, they're not an adequate way to see if things are doubling or going well. I'm sure you know this as well ;) There's a lot of factors that will play in it - urine is more diluted one day then the next, the dye of tests (and yes even in the same box the tests vary in dye), etc. Try taking it as easy as you can! I know it's hard to, I've had 3 miscarriages and being pregnant has me always nervous.

    Best wishes and congrats!

    ReplyDelete