Wednesday 6 April 2011

Lesson for the day

Yesterday was a shock to my system to say the least!  And I have learned one massive lesson from it...NEVER, EVER take anything for granted when it comes to infertility or treatment cycles!

I am fairly lucky in that AF is punctual.  I know that 31 days after her last visit, she will show up again.  I know that she likes to be the centre of attention, so if I have some stress going on, she sometimes waits a couple of days so I can pay her the true attention she feels she deserves, but she is not one for showing up early.

She has recently tortured me, showing up 6 days late when I just wanted to get this show on the road, but yesterday was her ultimate show-piece!  Showing up 12 days early!!!

I know that I am still going on with the cycle, but this has been a hiccup I, one, wasn't expecting; and two, didn't need.  I now have to wait until 26th April for my down reg scan to see if this cycle is a no starter.  Yay to 3 weeks of injections, with the uncertainty that this is going to be worth it anyway.

So here is the lesson I learned yesterday, and which I will share with you - when you are dealing with infertility, always expect the unexpected.  Of course this can be positive, for example, receiving a BFP when you didn't have any hint it was on it's way; it might be that one injection doesn't sting as much as the rest; or AF deciding to do her own thing.  Whatever it is, you will come through the other end. xx

1 comment:

  1. That is a good lesson and one we IFs should embrace! Thanks for sharing and you're right, we will all come out the other end.

    I find that this has made me become more laid back in other areas of my life too so that's got to be a positive! xx

    ReplyDelete