Wednesday 6 April 2011

All systems go!

Well the clinic did eventually get back to me.  And as I prepared myself for the news that this cycle was a no-go, the nurse just put me on hold.  When she came back she said 'Change of plan, start down reg tonight'.

You might be having the same reaction to this statement as I did - WHAT?  Yes, I have to start down reg straight away!  I am still struggling to get my head around this.  Has anyone ever had to do this?  I explained that AF is now in full flow and was she sure that this would be right.  After her reassuring me for the third (or fourth) time, last night was my first down reg injection!!!!!

Everything went ok.  Despite not working out for a while due to the operations, pain and anything else you can throw at me, my thigh muscles seem to have toughened up.  OUCH!  And who knew 0.5ml was such a lot? Hahaha!

So I'm now on the way.  I am still filled with so many fears that this isn't going to work as I had hoped.  It already has thrown a spanner into the works, but I am determined to keep some hope.  At the end of the day, this is all we have, right?

I just want to say a massive thank you to all the lovely, gorgeous people on Twitter who were such an amazing support yesterday.  I know that I am very lucky to have their support through this whole experience. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment