Sunday 10 April 2011

Day 6 - quick update

Today was my 6th down regulation injection, and it seems my left leg doesn't appreciate being stabbed every other day.  I think the problem is being right handed, but I have tried everything to get my left leg to co-operate like my right leg.  Out of the 3 occasions it has had to take it's turn, it has bled badly on 2 of them.  I know that I have probably managed to stab into a blood vessel (seriously, what are the odds?) but I would very much like it not to hurt.

I'm not bothered by the injections really.  I never thought I would be able to do this to myself - I used to pass out at the sight of a needle, never mind if it wasn't for me or not!  And I am definitely not moaning (well, maybe a little bit) because I am truly happy to be on this journey.  I know how lucky I am to be able to do this at all.

The side effects have started to kick in - the mood swings, the constant hunger, the tiredness, the insomnia.  Thankfully there haven't been any hot flushes yet.  The weather has been plenty warm enough without those to deal with too.  BUT I can honestly say that each time I have to fill the syringe with my Buserelin, each injection, makes me happy :)

xxx

1 comment:

  1. I hate leg injections too! The stomach ones don't bother me one bit.

    Glad you're happy to be on your journey hon, I think a PMA makes all the difference.

    MyTTCstory xx

    ReplyDelete