Saturday 4 December 2010

Poorly germs - just go away!

Well, despite my best intentions, my blog has been neglected once again, but I hope you realise that this is for the right reasons - I've got uni essay deadlines having over me, I have a poorly computer but most importantly I have a very poorly little boy.

It started with a cough, but now there is sickness and no sleeping - a visit to the doctor confirmed that he has tonsillitis and a chest infection.  The poor little poppet though, because this has happened when we have the heaviest snow I've ever seen.  I know he's poorly because he hasn't asked to go out, or to go to nursery or even play with his toys.  I hate to see his pain, and I'm not sure that my washing machine can cope with the amount of washing that I am having to put through it at the moment.

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that the antibiotics clear it in time for his MRI scan in a couple of weeks time.  He has to have a general anaesthetic (yes, I am already loosing sleep over this) and they won't do it while he is poorly.  I desperately wanted it done a couple of weeks before Christmas so that I can then pamper him and not look like I'm spoiling him too close to Christmas itself.  Oh well, if that is how it is, then so be it...you can judge me if you like.

This week has been stressful - not just the whole uni deadline thing, but trying to get myself organised for the upcoming pre-treatment consultation in January.  I have now made an appointment in a few weeks time with the GP for all the blood tests for me and DH.  Not looking forward to them as my veins hate letting go of the red stuff, but all in the cause of Project Baby #2.

My friends 19 year old daughter had her little boy last week.  He is tiny and very cute, but I do have that feeling of 'why not me?' every time I see her post another pic on FB or I see her (she lives next door to my MIL, so there is little chance of avoidance).  I am not focusing on 2011 - it will be my year, it will be my turn. It will also be the turn of all my gorgeous Twitter TTC lovelies.

Bring on 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment