Tuesday 28 December 2010

Christmas Wonderland, but back to Earth with a thud

Merry Christmas to you all!  I know that I am a little late (I like to call it fashionably making an entrance) but the thoughts are there.  I am looking forward to seeing the back of 2010, and welcoming 2011 with open arms.  I know that many people will share me in this too, though there is a few people in Twitter-verse that are ending 2010 with fantastic BFPs!!!!  I couldn't be happier for them if I tried (which I will of course!)

This Christmas has been wonderful.  DJ is just the perfect age to share the fun and joy of the whole occasion.  Yes, he did get very excited about the presents, but on Christmas Day night, as we laid in bed for our story and cuddle, he said that he has had "the best day ever because I got to see ALL my family!".  I am so pleased that he did manage to see all the people that he loves on the day.  My Mum and Dad acted as hosts to everyone - me, hubby and DJ, my littlest brother, my little brother (minus his new wife - I will explain in a bit), my little sister, my Nan and my mother- and father-in-law.  It was the Christmas I had wanted for DJ and I know that he loved every minute of sharing the day with the people that love him most and who he loves in return!

It started late - yes, I know that next year and the many after that will be earlier starts - but DJ stayed in bed until 9.10am.  This NEVER happens, but maybe Santa used a little too much sleepy dust on him the night before.  His little face when he saw the piles of presents under the tree was truly beautiful!

The rest of the day was fantastic - great food and great family.  I hope that you all had equally amazing days.

Boxing Day was spent round my in-laws, so we could share presents.  I hadn't wanted DJ to get them all on the one day.  Otherwise Boxing Day can seem a bit of an anti-climax.  DJ spent the day asking when we were going to get the boxes and what did we have to do with them.  Maybe next year I will get extra big boxes - rather than Boxing Day, we can have Boxes Day.  Hahaha, the naivety of little ones always makes me smile.

I have been thoroughly spoilt.  I know that hubby worked really hard scouring the internet for bargains to make the most of the measly budgets that we had this year.

But as with all good things, they must end.  Christmas Day was tarnished by the sadness I could see in my little brother's eyes.  He only got married in April and he is serving in the RAF.  I am exceptionally proud of him - he always knew that he wanted to fly, he worked hard to achieve his dream and now he does what he wants every day (well the days there is operational helicopters available, a grumble I'll save for days away from my blog!).  On his wedding day he looked so happy.  We all had our reservations, but as the day drew closer we all knew that if this is what he wants and what was going to make him happy, we would all share this with him.

However, first impressions are seldom wrong! My SIL (though it pains me to call her that) has decided that she only likes being married to my brother when he is away in Afghanistan or other away posting!  She has basically married my brother for the military life.  She once told me that being married to an officer in the RAF was like being a WAG, and she has finally achieved this status which leaves my brother only required for adding funds to the bank account!

I spoke to my brother today.  He has a week off after just coming home from a training exercise.  He sounds so hurt.  I am his big sister, I want to take this away from him.  I offered to call the 'Beetch' (more appropriate than SIL), but do I say?  Any tips would be welcomed!  Do I shout at her and tell her to get out of my brother's life, so he can move on and be happy?  Do I ask her to at least talk to my brother, to tell him why she suddenly can't stand being with him?  Just what do I say?  Please someone help!

I know that she has been cheating, my brother knows that she has.  He knows that marriage is something that needs forgiveness at times, patience most of the time and love all of the time.  She however, does not! :(

Well, now I have had a little tearful rant, I bid you 'Good Night' until the next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment