Tuesday 22 March 2011

Yay! Get ready IVF, here we come!

I'm sorry I've been missing for a little while.  My own computer has decided to die a long and painful death, so I am having to use a borrowed computer which didn't like logging on.  Why are computers so unhelpful sometimes?

Anyway, Saturday saw the eventual arrival of AF - a whole 6 days late.  Normally this is a blessing, but this month was different.  This month I wanted her to arrive on time, because this month I wanted to book onto an IVF treatment cycle.

I'd spoken to the clinic and they explained that my best chance of getting onto my preferred block would be if AF arrived over the weekend or Monday since their blocks run Saturday to Friday.  Last week was like a reverse 2ww - the constant going to the loo, the constant checking of the paper after, being conscious of EVERY feeling in that area.  I barely managed, so Heaven knows how the real 2ww will be.

But when Saturday lunchtime brought AF, I was over the moon!  I have to be honest, the pains were not so fantastic.  I might blog about my disappointment of that another day, but for now nothing is going to detract from the complete happiness of starting this journey again.

I called the clinic on Monday morning, and after a few false starts (no replies, missing secretaries etc) I eventually got 'the' call - I am on my treatment block for IVF and I will start down reg in 17 days!!!!

I know there is such a lot of hurdles to go, but right now just getting AF and getting onto a treatment block is good for me.  I'm so excited.  Yes, I am filled with fears and worries, but for now I just want to enjoy this moment.  I'll save my fears post for another day
xxxx

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad you've finally got the dates and are excited about getting started!

    There can be so many downs in ours journeys that makes it so important to celebrate the highs!!

    Wishing you lots of luck,
    MyTTCstory

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your lovely comment.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete