Friday 11 March 2011

We have a Back-Up plan!

I'm an organiser - I love to have a plan.  My life revolves around lists and Excel spreadsheets!  I can make a spreadsheet for anything.  My current obsession is my IVF calculator.  I type in the date of AF's arrival and then it calculates when I start down-reg, stims, trigger, ER, ET and my due date based on my successful cycle.  It highlights in red any dates that fall on uni exams etc and so I can see whether a cycle is good or not.

As you can see, I perhaps have had too much time on my hands ;)

But like I say, I like to know where we are going and when.  So hubby and I sat down and had a long (tearful) talk about the future - Would we be happy with just having our one little boy?  How many attempts at IVF would we do?  What then?

So now we HAVE A PLAN!!!

We know that we want to have another child in our lives.  We know that DJ wants a sibling and would make an amazing big brother.  We also now know that I am not as well-stocked on the egg front as I had hoped, and neither are we lucky enough to have a money tree in the garden.  So we plan to have 2 fresh cycles of IVF.  Should we be lucky enough to get frosties from them, then we will do FET.  After this we will start the adoption process.

This makes me excited.  I know that this is such a way in the future, but it still fills me with the comfort of a 'plan' and I know that we will achieve what we long for.

We've decided that we would like to try to adopt siblings.  We know someone who was separated from their sibling (of course this was 40 years ago!) through adoption and as I have a close relationship to my siblings, we wouldn't want to stop these children being happy because they are fortunate enough to have a brother or sister.  There is a shortage of people wanting to adopt more than one child, especially if they are a little older.

So this is our plan!  I will be a Mummy again, and DJ will be a big brother!

1 comment:

  1. That's great! I definitely always need to plan ahead too, though my DH is the Excel guru in our house.

    ReplyDelete