Thursday 24 March 2011

Making it official and a spreadsheet of Hope

I had a call from the clinic yesterday to arrange an appointment for us to go in to sign all the consent forms etc.  I know that this is silly, but I am so excited because this seems to be the bit that makes the next step official.

I know that this journey has many twists and turns to come.  I'm not expecting it to be a pain free ride.  BUT I am feeling like there is some hope that this might work.  I know that I may have thought about this too much, and if you have read any of my previous posts you will realise that this is just the way I am.  I like lists and I like plans.  So in the usual Dawn-style, I have created....an Excel spreadsheet!

My spreadsheet has calculated all the key dates and this has given more hope that I could muster in myself alone.  Here's why:

1. I will be starting stims when I have broken up from uni for exam leave.  That means that I will be able to get to all the early morning scans and blood works without having to worry about the balancing act and trying to explain to others why I am a bit late

2. I will be at the end of my 2ww when my exams start.  I'm trying to see this as a good thing - having something to distract me from the constant obsessing.  I know it won't work, but there's no harm in wishful thinking on this.

3. My due date would be hubby's birthday ish.  As he shares his birthday with his Mum, having a little one share his birthday would be fantastic.  It just seems to be destined to share his birthday.

Anyone that is TTC will know that we do tend to focus on the smallest of little signs that this is it (or perhaps it's only me).  I love to see order in chaos and so I am grasping onto these 3 points with all the hope and love I can find.

I suppose only time will tell, but for now, I am counting down the days until we start the injections once again!

T minus 15 days and counting :)
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment