Tuesday 22 February 2011

Post-op Day 4 - out come the bruises and a surprise call

After thinking I was feeling better yesterday, I had a rubbish night’s sleep and I have a really sore tummy today.  I may have been a bit premature trying to come off all the meds yesterday, and with the bruising come through on the outside, I guess that it is doing the same on the inside too.

As much as I sound like a baby, this is sore.  I know that it actually hurts less than when AF paid me her last visit, but I am being a girly about this.  I keep going thinking about the bigger picture now – I can feel the next step.  In fact, it has become more of a reality this afternoon.  I called the clinic this morning to ask them about what do I need to do to get onto a treatment cycle after my next period... Of course, I rang at lunch so they were all busy.  I was expecting a call back tomorrow, but then I’ve just had a surprise call from a nurse – can I go in tomorrow for my AMH test?

Oh my GOD!!! This is starting to feel more real.  I have waited for so long, that I was unsure whether this would ever arrive.  This test will mean that I am on the books for the next cycle block – one more period, and then hopefully I will be starting down reg.

Now I have suddenly become filled with nerves and fears.  The ‘what ifs’ that fill every IVFers life.  I am scared.  I hate myself for admitting this.  I am staying confident (as best as I can).  I am staying focused.  BUT I am so frickin’ scared.  What if this doesn’t work?  Our money tree is really bare.  This is our one and only chance – unless of course the lottery plans to show us a win.  I need to stop thinking about this for now.  I need to concentrate on some uni work.  I need to concentrate on getting stronger for tomorrow so that I can get this test done.  I need to remember that this is just one pre-treatment test.  I can take a break before we start the cycle if I don’t think that I can do it.

How stupid must I sound?  Within the matter of a page, I have gone through a full spectrum of emotions – maybe I need to get some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment