Wednesday 16 February 2011

It's nearly here!

It's only 36 hours before I have to leave for the hospital for my laparoscopy.  I have to admit I am starting to get nervous.  I went for my pre-op on Monday.  Unfortunately I wasn't able to speak to my consultant as there was a medical emergency, but had all the necessary prods and pokes to make sure that I was fit for the anesthetic.

I was intending to post about the appointment, but instead I had to deal with the really sad news that my little boys nursery was closing - that afternoon! :(  Anyone that has a little one knows that the decision to leave them with someone else (even their Daddy, grandparents or aunts/uncles) is a really tough one.  Our search for a good nursery took us months, and we were so happy with our choice.  The staff are amazing.  They have become part of an extended family to us all.

In September, the nursery was sold to this...woman (is how I'll describe her for now).  She promised that nothing would change, but very quickly we noticed the staff weren't happy, children were leaving and things were indeed changing.  I spoke to her, I wrote to her, I shouted at her to leave it alone.  Because DJ starts school in September, I didn't want to upset him by leaving his friends and 'teachers' now and then again in September.  Starting 'big school' is tough enough as it is, why making him do this twice within a year?  We only stayed there because we loved the people involved in his care so very much.

So when she wrote to us last week and gave us 2 weeks notice that they were closing for good, we were devastated.  Why hadn't we moved DJ when we started to be unhappy?  Now it is even closer to school and I have to unsettle him!

Then on Monday we got a teary 'teacher' tell us that they were closing that afternoon for good.  I was heart-broken for them, for LO and all the children there.  Luckily we had been looking at another nursery which one of the girls had recommended and thought it was a lovely place to send LO.  We also found out some of his friends are going there too, so maybe it's not too much of a change for him (or us).

Obviously, with this and uni, my week has pretty much passed in a blur.  Unfortunately I never got chance to tell the idiot of a woman what I thought of her.  She was a coward from the second she told us it was closing last week, hiding out and not showing her face.  I would never had said anything in front of LO or a child, but I really hope I bump into her at some point to tell her.  I'm not normally aggressive (well unless I'm in my car) but she has really hurt me by hurting my little boy.  Last night, I had to try and explain to him that his lovely teachers wouldn't be at his new school.  His tears were so painful.  She is a mother herself and yet she showed no compassion to the children in her care.

On a positive note, I was able to collect my uni work from last Semester.  I had 4 essays and 2 exam marks to get, and with all that had been happening, I was sure that there was at least one fail among them.  BUT in fact I passed all of them, and even got 1st class grades for most of them!!!  So stick that endo! You haven't beaten me just yet!

Must dash as LO is in the bath and his Daddy wants to get the bins out - pah, can't he see I'm busy ;)
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment