Tuesday 8 February 2011

Surgery date booked - all systems go!!!!

After having a painful couple of weeks at the hands of the evil endometriosis savaging my body, I had a wonderful message from my hubby yesterday on my way home from uni.  The hospital has had a cancellation and they can do my surgery on 18th OF FEBRUARY!!!!  That's right, 10 days away!!!!

I'm so thrilled to have this date.  The wait was going to be about 11 weeks and counting and I was starting to worry about how I was ever going to wait that long.  Well worry no more little Dawny, you only have to manage 10 days.

However, I think someone must have told the endo - last night was horrible.  Spending the night curled up in a heap on the floor is hardly my idea of a rocking night out.  What happened to the days when I still hadn't fallen to sleep as the morning broke?

I've had to buy myself some new leggings.  The pain and swelling has become ridiculous.  I am now starting to think that I should dig out the maternity wear to cope with this.  For now the stretch of elastane will have to suffice ;)

I am cautious to pin too much on the laparascopy.  After the fall from hope when I saw the consultant in January, I don't want to go into this surgery thinking that I will come out a new woman - pain free and, dare I say it? Fertile?  I know that this is just not going to happen.  I will settle for less pain and higher chances of conception with IVF.  I have the hope that this is just going to give me the few months that I need to get into my IVF cycle.  I know that the pain will be still be there in some way.  I'm not asking too much.  I just want to be able to move without thinking that someone has left an iron inside me.  I just want my chance to be a Mummy again!

Well we'll just have to wait and see.  I have to see this as a good thing.  I have to have the hope that it will 'make me better' but I can't invest all my hope on this.  It's just too painful to fall from when it doesn't meet my expectations.

5 comments:

  1. Such great news about having your surgery! Congrats! With be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much lovely! It means a lot to me xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's brilliant news! So glad it's been moved forward xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab that there is a cancellation and so soon.. thinking of you and hoping it is a complete success..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your lovely comments! I'm starting to get nervous now, but really need this. THANK YOU xxx

    ReplyDelete