Friday 14 October 2011

Thinking of the next step

You know when things aren't going to plan, what do you do?

Life seems to insist on throwing me curve-balls or just being plain awkward.  I'd like to think that this is to keep me on my toes, but I have a feeling that it is just simply out of spite!

Yes, I do learn from the twists and turns that come up.  I face the challenges that occur - sometimes with a smile and a spring in my step, sometimes with a tear and slumped shoulders - but as yet I seem to have managed to come through the other side with some success.

As I type this, I am faced with a mammoth task of moving forward; of planning the next few years of my life...our life.  In a few months time, my uni degree will be over and I need to be thinking about life after graduation.  I know what my ultimate goal is, I am clear about that at least.  But I am confused about the bits around it.  The bits of life that are more important in so many ways - children, where we live, money!

I am a lover of 'the list'.  I like to organise myself.  I like to know what is happening, and in what order.  I like planning.  But if I have learned anything over the last year or so, is that planning doesn't always go to plan.  Stuf doesn't happen in the order it was supposed to; things happen which aren't on the list (plain rude if you ask me), and stuff on the list sometimes never happens at all!

So for now, you might from time to time hear my musings ramblings about what the Hell I am going to do with my life.  But I promise that this is nothing more than me thinking aloud - perhaps you might be able to say something that makes me look at another option, perhaps you might be able to push me in the right direction when I am just scared to look that way (in a nice way of course ;0) )

Thanks for being there!

No comments:

Post a Comment