Wednesday 7 September 2011

My busy week

Hello there!

Sorry I have been MIA for a week or so, but life has been pretty hectic around here.

DJ started school on Monday, I've started a blog dedicated to DJ (to keep him away from the ugliness that is me at the moment), I got my uni exam results back and I have been generally trying to juggle everything without a catastrophic mess around me.

First things first, I cannot talk about this week without mentioning how unbelievably proud of DJ I am.  Every afternoon this week he has walked straight into school like he is years older.  He loves it and I am really proud of how he has made the transition into being a big boy.


I have been faced with a mix of emotions - my little boy is growing up faster than I am ready for him to.  But despite this, I am hugely proud of his cheery approach to life and all it has to offer.  I think he could teach many of us a lesson about life and how to smile!

In the excitement of DJ starting school, I had forgotten about the release of my exams results yesterday.  That was until I had a text from my MIL asking how I had got on!!!  Bless her!

I was thrilled that I managed to get a 1st overall for the year, which is a great start for going into my 3rd year. I just need to knuckle down and get focused.

As is always the case with me, I was a very disappointed with myself over one of my exam results.  But I know where I need to improve, and I promise myself I will do better.  Plus, it hasn't knocked my mark down too much.  Yes, I know I am very self-critical, but this is how I strive for improvement!


Finally, despite a shaky start this morning (or should I say a shouty start?) it has ended on a positive.  I have just received an email about a volunteering opportunity which I have been waiting to hear about for a while.  I'm just waiting for the training dates and then it's all systems go!!!!  I just hope that I can find the time to fit it all in.

All in all, a good week...

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment