Friday 16 September 2011

A late Thankful Thursday

I've been a bit neglectful of my blog generally, and my Thankful Thursdays in particular.

I'm really struggling to stay awake and find the time and energy to do anything more than the housework, looking after DJ and everything else.

I know it's a day late - I'm sorry.  I did intend to get here yesterday, but alas I failed.

This week I am just want to say thanks for fresh air.

I know how ridiculous that sounds, but bare with me...

Walking DJ to and from school everyday has given me the chance to take 10/15 minutes to myself.  I'm getting some exercise, though not much, and I am enjoying breathing deeply in the fresh air of the countryside.

At this time of year, I have no hayfever.  I can enjoy being outside without struggling to breathe.

I live in a little village.  Yes - it is on the edge of a large town, and it is busy in itself.  BUT where we live it is quiet and peaceful.  I walk to the school by the path running along the back of the school playing field and the church.

I see no cars for most of the walk, and I can hear the birds, the wind rustle the trees and the buzzing of little insects.

In those few minutes between my house and the school gate, I feel alone, and it feels nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment