Thursday 25 August 2011

Thankful Thursday returns

After a break because of exams, revision and illness, my Thankful Thursday post is back.

I'm actually writing this a day early because on Thursday I am away.  And that is what I am thankful for this week...my little brother.

He is in the RAF and has had a pretty awful year with his short-lived marriage breaking up, needing to move house and going out to Afghanistan.  Yet despite this, he still thought about me, hubby and DJ.

He knows money is just not existent at the moment for us, and a holiday is completely beyond reach, so he invited us to share the Family Day at his base this Thursday.  DJ will be able to explore the helicopter that my brother flies, and there is a range of family activities for us on the day.

Without him, we would be stuck in this house, with the memories and the torment.  Instead, we are going to take a couple of days away and remember what it is like to have a giggle and smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment