Wednesday 26 January 2011

Is this the turning point?

On Monday evening, I had some great news!  I have been selected to present my Summer research project to a conference in April!

I'm thrilled.  I know that the competition was tough, and I genuinely didn't think that I had a chance.  My tutor told me to submit my abstract as she thought it was a novel project, and would be of interest.  I was flattered at this, so to be selected (in the first stage of selection too!) was unbelievable.

I am using this as the well needed boost I need right now.  Until the nerves set in in a couple of weeks time when I start to write my presentation, I am just taking this as a great platform to change.

So yesterday, with this newly focused me, I went to my GP and demanded some pain relief for the pains which have been stopping me sleep for weeks.  They are getting worse and worse each day, so I decided that since we weren't in a cycle for at least a few months, I shouldn't allow myself to be a martyr to endometriosis!  They take a while to start working, but last night I got 4 hours solid sleep.  This is amazing for me and I'm hoping that the pains will start to ease over the week.

I also called the consultants secretary.  Unfortunately she wasn't at work (though her message said she works Tuesdays and there was no way of leaving a message for her to call me back).  This is a pet hate of mine.  I called LOTS yesterday to get the same message.  If you aren't there, leave a message to say so, or let me leave my details so you can call me back!

I also organised DJs follow consultation from his MRI for 23rd February.  Keeping my fingers crossed so hard for that.

Plus, I had a good work day at uni.

All in all, yesterday was a better day, and I'm staying hopeful that today can build on it.

My thought for today:  Gratitude opens your heart to happiness... So I am being grateful for the encouragement of my husband, my son and my tutor for their help this Summer, and the conference selection panel for having confidence in my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment