Thursday 6 January 2011

I think I need some help - REAL help!

Well, I'm now counting down to the consultation with Nurture next Tuesday - 5 days to go!!!!!  I'm getting nervous, I know DH is too.  He has been so sweet.  I know he is finding this tough - we both are.  He seems to feel that he has to be strong in case IVF doesn't work for both me and DJ.  I have tried to explain that I don't expect him to be strong for me, but I know deep down that if the cycle doesn't work then I will be a mess.  I can't think about a negative result - I just can't!  Please don't judge me for this.  I know that you might think that I am setting myself up for a big disappointment, for having my heart ripped out, but this is how I am coping with it all.

But I'll admit, I have become a teeny-weeny bit... (pardon?)
Ok, little bit... (keep going)
Err, massively... (?)
OK, OK, don't look at me like that - I AM COMPLETELY OBSESSED!!!!

I have analysed calendars, what the dates would be for down reg, stims, ER, ET and POAS, even the first scan!  I have looked when baby would be due...  I have compared this to my uni timetable, I have tried to figure out when AF will arrive next.  My cycle is all over the place after the Zoladex, but I am still on this path of planning the unknown.

Having just written this down, I realise just how much I might be in need of some proper help to cope with the coming months.  I'm an organiser - I like order, certainty and a 'plan'.  DH knows that this is how I cope, but when I have written here for the world to see (OK, I know the world at large is not that interested in me, but you know what I mean!), it seems a little OTT.  I think after next week I will feel a little more certain.

But, what if they say I need to have a laparoscopy?  What if they say something is wrong?  Oh my... I don't think I'm coping with this very well right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment