Wednesday 30 November 2011

Exhaustion

I'm not sure whether it is the time of the year or the amount of uni work I have piled up around me, but for a couple of months, I have been beyond exhausted.  I am actually more tired than I was when DJ was born!

I wake up tired, and by midday my eyes feel like burning coals.  I can't think.  I can't function.

I decided that it was probably just an iron thing.  Anaemia is not new for me, though it is usually linked to endo and heavy periods.  Since being on the Pill, heavy bleeding isn't really an issue (one blessing I suppose), but I still hoped that they could draw some blood, and prescribe me a tablet.  Problem solved!

NO!

My doctor decided to run billions of tests (yes a small exaggeration, but when there are 8 vials of blood being taken, it might as well be that many for me).  And I am hopefully back tomorrow for the results.  I am still pinning hopes on the low iron levels, but I have a sneaky feeling nothing will come back abnormal and I will be told nothing.

I know stress can do this.  But I've had periods of depression before and never felt this drained.

Perhaps I need a good night's sleep?  Or just to not get out of bed for a week?

So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that tomorrow brings some good news and a magic pill to make me feel more human!

No comments:

Post a Comment