Saturday 7 May 2011

Last stim injection - done!

This morning was another trip to my clinic for a monitoring scan.  I was a little concerned about my biggest follie as I had felt a 'pop' on my left ovary on Thursday night, but everything is still going well.  The 18 follies are still growing well and I have some tiny ones that are trying to make a late appearance in the show.  But as it turns out, they won't have time to make it.  Because tonight is my last Gonal-F injection!

That means that this time tomorrow I will have injected my trigger shot and the 36 hour countdown to egg collection starts!!!!

I wasn't expecting this news.  I thought there would be another monitoring on Monday with egg collection probably Wednesday, but it seems that I am responding to the drugs better than before.

So this afternoon has been a flurry of organisation (this is me at my happiest - organising and being in control of something!).  Monday night we're spending a night in a hotel close to the clinic.  DJ is spending the night with MIL and FIL and they will pick us up from the hospital on Tuesday afternoon (since hubby can't drive).

I still know that there is a long way to go between egg collection and embryo transfer.  Especially with hubby being so poorly at the moment, we don't know whether we are going to have to resort to plan B and use our frozen swimmers (a reassuring back-up, but unknown territory for us).  But if we do manage to get good embryos, I think that transfer will be Friday.  So I've arranged DJ to spend the weekend with my parents.

I've managed to keep this a secret from everyone (apart from you, and my in-laws who have been the purse behind this adventure).  But I'm not sure how long I can keep this from my Mum.  I have planned how I will tell her when I get my BFP (which I'm optimistically focusing on) so I don't want to have to tell her before then.

So for now, I am concentrating on Tuesday.  Monday will be nice - my drug-free day!  The nerves are setting in but instead of worrying about all the potential problems with the cycle, I am focusing on getting that positive result.

I'm not sure timing is great though - my 2ww will end on DJs birthday and this is right in the middle of my exams.  In one way, this is excellent, whatever the result, I will be busy with other things.  But... Nah, I'm not thinking about that for now.  I'll have a whole 2 weeks to ponder about that.

2 comments:

  1. Aww your happiness just radiates through this blog. I can only imagine how exciting it must be that you get the opportunity to organize and plan! That gets taken from us for most of this process. And it's even more exciting that you get to do this because things are going well! I have all my fingers and toes crossed for you this week! I hope things go really well for you and your soon to be child(ren)! :) Yay for you!

    ReplyDelete