Sunday 29 May 2011

Egg collection!

First I need to apologise for me long absence.  After my trigger shot, I hid away from all things internet.  I couldn't cope with the strength of the emotions and I knew that I would be analysing every feeling.  I needed to hide away from Dr Google as much as I could!

But I did write for you my diary - here we are...

Today was egg collection.

We stayed away overnight so we could get to the clinic early.  As I had said before, hubby hasn't been well, so on the morning, it was decided that we would see what the frozen sperm was like before he tried to give a fresh sample.  It was a tough decision - one that hubby still is worried about and ashamed of.  No consolation will ease the disappointment he has in himself.

They collected 12 eggs!  Yay!  This was my target.  I'm not one for superstition but I did know that my successful cycle was after they collected 12 eggs.  So this was a great sign.

We met with the embryologist before we left.  They felt that they needed to use ICSI to give us the best chance with the frozen sperm, so all was agreed.

So now I am resting.  I always struggle with the sedation they use.  But I will be awake early tomorrow as I will be getting my fertilisation report around 8am.

So all I can do is hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment